Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Casserole – a cheesy and comforting dish perfect for busy weeknights. Best of all, low carb, keto friendly and packed with broccoli, cheese, cauliflower rice, garlic and Parmesan.
Casseroles are the perfect solution to dinner when life gets busy. You just prep a few simple ingredients together and after a long day, pop dinner into the oven.
This Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Casserole is packed with good for you veggies and full of cheesey goodness. The best part? It’s low carb, keto friendly and super simple to whip up.
It’s a great freezer-friendly meal so you can easily make it ahead of time for Sunday meal prep and reheat it when you’re ready to serve it.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BROCCOLI CHEESE CASSEROLE
- You’re going to start off by heating the cream with some garlic. Whisk in the cream cheese until smooth and thickened. Add the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice and cheddar cheese. Once the sauce is thickened, toss in the broccoli to coat.
- Transfer to a 9 x 13 baking pan or casserole dish and sprinkle with shredded cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until heated through and the top is slightly golden and serve hot.
CAN I ADD PROTEIN TO THIS BROCCOLI CHEESE CASSEROLE?
Yes! This casserole is delicious on its own but feel free to add shredded cooked chicken or turkey to make this a complete meal.
WHAT ELSE CAN I SERVE THIS BROCCOLI CHEESE CASSEROLE WITH?
We make this casserole regularly since it’s a family favorite. It takes hardly any time to whip up and perfect for busy weeknights!
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Broccoli Cheese Casserole - the perfect easy comforting dish for busy weeknights. Best of all, low carb, keto friendly and comes together with simple pantry ingredients.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour OR almond flour
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or to taste
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar divided
- 4 cups cauliflower rice about 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken leave out for vegetarian
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan or 2.5 quart casserole dish. Set aside.
Heat butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir in arrowroot starch. Slowly whisk in heavy cream and continue whisking until bubbly and thickened.
Stir in Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, black pepper, cream cheese and 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and whisk until thickened and smooth.
Stir in cauliflower rice, chicken (if using) followed by broccoli and toss to coat. Add more cheese or cream as needed.
Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan or 2.5 quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheeses and bake for 37-42 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly golden.
Serve hot and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.