These Low Carb Pumpkin Pancakes are soft, thick, fluffy and the perfect breakfast for fall. They’re easy to make with keto, gluten free and paleo friendly ingredients.
PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for more recipes
LOW CARB PUMPKIN PANCAKES
These Low carb Pumpkin Pancakes are full of cozy warm spices and perfect for fall. They’re sugar free, high in protein and a great way to satisfy that pumpkin spice pancake craving – especially if you’re following a low carb keto diet.
We love that these healthy pumpkin pancakes cook up thick, fluffy and packed with pumpkin flavor. Plus, they’re easy to make requiring just 20 minutes. The pumpkin spice pancake mix comes together in just one bowl and no blender required so there’s less dishes to wash.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- monk fruit sweetener
- super-fine blanched almond flour
- coconut flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- ground cinnamon
- baking powder
- eggs – for extra fluffy pancakes, separate the egg whites and whip until stiff peaks then fold into the batter after you add the cinnamon.
- canned or pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- almond milk
- cashew butter, almond butter or any nut or seed butter of your choice (pumpkin butter, sunflower seed butter)
- vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB PUMPKIN PANCAKES:
- COMBINE THE WET INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl beat the eggs, then whisk in the pumpkin puree, nut butter and sweetener. Pour in the milk, and vanilla and mix until smooth. For extra fluffy pancakes, separate the egg whites and whip until stiff peaks then fold into the batter after you add the cinnamon.
- ADD DRY INGREDIENTS: Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and mix until smooth and combined.
- Allow the batter to rest for 3-5 minutes so the leavening agent can activate. If the batter appears too thick, add a splash of almond milk. If too thin, add a bit more flour.
PREHEAT PAN: Meanwhile, preheat griddle or a large skillet over medium low heat.
MAKE THE PANCAKES: Lightly coat pan with avocado oil spray or melted ghee and drop 1/4 cup sized batter rounds onto the griddle. Cook until the edges begin to turn golden brown and bubbles form on the top, about 3-5 minutes. GENTLY flip and cook another 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with sugar free maple syrup, sugar free chocolate chips, chopped nuts, melted butter / ghee or coconut whipped cream, if desired.
More pumpkin recipes to get you through October:
Low Carb Pumpkin Pancakes
These Low Carb Pumpkin Pancakes are soft, thick, fluffy and the perfect breakfast for fall. They're easy to make with keto, gluten free and paleo friendly ingredients.
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons canned organic pumpkin OR pure pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter , almond butter OR nut or seed butter of your choice
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener , you can add more if you prefer sweeter pancakes
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup super-fine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- cooking spray or ghee for griddle
OPTIONAL FOR EXTRA FLUFFY PANCAKES:
- 1 egg white whipped to stiff peaks
In a large bowl, beat the eggs then whisk in the pumpkin, nut or seed butter and monk fruit sweetener. Pour in the milk and vanilla and mix until smooth.]
Add almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder and stir until the batter is combined. The batter should be somewhat thick.
(OPTIONAL STEP FOR THICKER & FLUFFIER PANCAKES: Whip up an egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently old into the pancake batter.
Allow the batter to rest for 3-5 minutes.
Preheat griddle or a large skillet on medium-low heat - medium heat. It's important to allow the pancakes to cook low and slow since they are grain free.
Coat griddle or pan with avocado or coconut oil cooking spray or ghee.
Drop scant 1/4 cup rounds onto the griddle. Cook until the edges begin to turn golden brown and bubbles form on the top, about 3-5 minutes. GENTLY flip and cook another 2-4 minutes or until golden brown and the middle is cooked through.
Serve or top with desired toppings: sugar free syrup, chopped nuts, almond butter, melted ghee/ butter or whipped coconut cream, if desired.