Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad – the perfect healthy low carb lunch or light dinner. Made with fresh greens, creamy avocado, sweet strawberries, pecans, almonds and crumbled cheese.
Salads happen daily around here during the warm summer months. They are healthy, delicious and you won’t have to turn on your oven on those hot and humid days.
This Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad is fresh, flavorful and loaded with all of my favorites. What I love about loaded salads like this is all the beautiful flavors that you get in each bite. It’s sweet, creamy, crunchy and tangy.
Plus, I love how easy spinach salads are to customize. You can add more or less spinach depending on what you like or toss in some crunchy romaine lettuce for an extra layer of flavor. However you make it, this spinach chicken salad comes together quickly in less than 30 minutes.
For a complete meal, you can add some protein like chopped grilled or shredded rotisserie chicken.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY AVOCADO SPINACH SALAD:
- You start off by add all of the ingredients for the dressing into a bowl or jar. Whisk or shake until combined. The dressing is made with creamy coconut milk, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, ground mustard, poppy-seeds and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach, sliced strawberries, avocado, chopped pecans, slivered almonds and shredded chicken.
- Pour the dressing over and toss to combine. Top with fresh parsley and/or crumbled feta (leave out for whole 30 and paleo) and serve immediately.
CAN I MAKE THIS SPINACH SALAD AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, absolutely. Just combine and store the dressing into a separate container with a lid, until you’re ready to use it.
Prepare the spinach and strawberries beforehand and store them covered in the fridge. However, the avocado doesn’t stand storing after it’s cubed, so prepare it just before serving.
Keto Steak Fajita Salad
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad - the perfect healthy low carb lunch or light dinner. Made with fresh greens, creamy avocado, sweet strawberries, pecans, almonds and crumbled cheese.
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup full fat unsweetened canned coconut milk stir if separated
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- salt and black pepper to taste
- add sweetener of your choice to taste
For the Salad:
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or mint finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 medium avocados diced
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts plus more for topping
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (leave out for meatless version)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon feta crumbled optional for serving
Add all the dressing ingredients to a bowl or a jar and mix to combine.
In a large mixing bowl, add spinach, basil, strawberries, almonds and pecans. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to combine.
Serve immediately with more chopped pecans and crumbled feta, if desired.