Keto Salmon Salad – a delicious loaded meal made with grilled or broiled salmon, cucumber, eggs, tomatoes, avocado, crispy bacon and a creamy and tangy vinaigrette. Low carb, keto , gluten free with Whole 30 & paleo friendly options.
Salmon happens to be my favorite fish so I usually try have some at least once a week. It’s easy to cook and makes a healthy and delicious choice when you’re craving something lighter. Plus, it’s packed with protein and healthy Omega’3 fatty acids.
This healthy Keto Salmon Salad is packed with a ton of our favorite ingredients – mixed greens, Canadian bacon, hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado.
HOW TO MAKE THIS KETO SALMON SALMON SALAD:
- Start off by seasoning the salmon with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil and lemon.
- You can make the hard boiled eggs while your salmon is cooking or prep them ahead of time the night before. I usually like to make a large batch using this method to keep on hand during the week for breakfast or to add to my salads.
- Cook and crumble the bacon then grill, bake or pan fry the salmon.
- Prepare and assemble the remaining salad ingredients starting with the lettuce plus any other greens you like. Add eggs, grape tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, crumbled bacon and feta.
- Add any other toppings you like then drizzle with the simple vinaigrette right before serving
HOW CAN I CUSTOMIZE THIS KETO SALMON SALAD?
- Swap in your favorite vegetables or cheese
- For a Whole 30 and Paleo friendly option – leave out the cheese & swap the sour cream in the vinaigrette with tahini or mashed avocado instead.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS:
- Season the salmon the night before and store in the fridge in an airtight container or zip-top bag.
- Whisk together the dressing the night before and store in a sealed jar in the fridge.
- Wash and dry the lettuce and mixed greens and store in a large zip-top bag
More salads you might like:
Keto Salmon Salad
- 1 6- ounce salmon fillets
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 avocados peeled pitted and cut into slices or chopped
- 4 cups mixed green lettuce chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 5 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cucumber sliced in rounds or chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese leave out for paleo or Whole 30
For the vinaigrette (or use your favorite low carb dressing)
- 3-4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sour cream leave out for paleo or Whole 30 & swap in mashed avocado instead
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pat salmon dry. Rub both sides with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
To Grill Salmon:
Preheat grill to medium-high heat and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 62 F. Use a fork to flake the cooked salmon into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
To Broil Salmon:
Heat broiler and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or foil). Place salmon on pan and broil 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Assemble the salad:
Whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Drizzle 1 teaspoon over the sliced avocado (to prevent from browning).
In a large bowl, add the lettuce, then top with flaked salmon, eggs, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, cucumber and cheese. Drizzle with dressing right before serving.