Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles – a simple low carb / keto dish that comes together in under 30 minutes.
These Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles are fresh, flavorful and perfect when you’re craving something lighter. We make a variety of zucchini noodles, especially during the summer when we have a bunch of garden zucchini to use up.
What I love about about this dish is how quickly it comes together so it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- You’re going to spiralize the zucchini and place them in a colander. At this point, you can leave them as is or sprinkle them with some salt and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Doing this helps to soak up some of the moisture so you don’t end up with soggy noodles. Pat the zucchini noodles dry when ready to use.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add butter (ghee or olive oil for paleo /whole 30). Place the shrimp in the pan in a single layer then add the garlic, lemon Italian seasoning and paprika. Adjust seasonings by adding more salt and pepper as needed.
- Toss in the zucchini noodles using tongs and allow to cook for about 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Remove from heat and serve hot with some chopped fresh parsley.
TIPS FOR MAKING LEMON GARLIC SHRIMP WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES:
- If you don’t have a spiralizer, feel free to use a vegetable peeler, mandoline or even a knife to slice up your zucchini into thin strands
- On a dairy free or paleo / Whole diet? Swap out the butter with olive oil or ghee as needed
- Want to spice things up? Feel free to add some red pepper chili flakes
- What other vegetables can I use? Cherry tomatoes, spaghetti squash or broccoli would be delicious options as well
- Not filling enough? Use half pasta noodles and half zucchini noodles to bulk things up
- Trying to change things up for next time? Pour in some heavy cream, add grated parmesan cheese or toss in some pesto sauce with the zucchini noodles near the end
More spiralized zucchini recipes you might like:
Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles - a simple low carb / keto dish that comes together in under 30 minutes.
- 4-5 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 lb jumbo raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp butter OR ghee
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Using a spiralizer, vegetable peeler or a mandoline, make the zucchini noodles. Then, set aside. (You can also sprinkle with salt for 10-15 minutes to remove some moisture - this helps prevent the zoodles from getting soggy.
Heat the butter (or oil) in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Allow to cook for about 1-2 minutes undisturbed.
Add the garlic, then flip the shrimp and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until pink and no longer translucent. Add lemon juice, Italian seasoning, paprika and chili flakes (if using). Use tongs to gently transfer shrimp to a plate leaving the sauce in the pan.
Add zucchini to the pan and toss for about 30 seconds to a minute to coat. Add the shrimp back to the pan and toss again until everything is warmed through (do not overcook to avoid zucchini noodles from getting soggy).
Remove from heat and serve hot with a sprinkle of parsley if desired.