Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies bake up soft and chewy using just ONE bowl using coconut oil instead of butter. These healthy chocolate chip cookies are also keto, sugar free, gluten free and Paleo friendly.
Chocolate Chip Cookies will always be one of the most beloved childhood treats. Everyone has their favorite classic chocolate chip cookie recipe and these Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies happen to be ours.
They are soft, chewy, and come together easily in just one bowl. A healthier cookie made with coconut oil instead of butter and sweet enough to curb that chocolate chip cookie craving.
These Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies are wholesome enough for breakfast or a delicious afternoon treat. Plus, I love how simple they are to make without having to chill the dough or use your mixer.
The best part about these low carb chocolate chip cookies is that they are also gluten free, sugar free, paleo-friendly and suitable for diabetics. Soft, chewy and the fudgy, melt-in your mouth chocolate makes these amazingly addictive.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST LOW CARB CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
- Start off by melting the coconut in a large heat-safe bowl. Whisk in the room temperature egg followed by golden monk fruit sweetener and vanilla extract. Golden monk fruit sweetener acts like brown sugar and gives these cookies that classic soft and chewy texture. I have NOT tested this recipe using SWERVE or STEVIA so your results may be different if you decide to go that route.
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthum gum, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Use a small cookie scoop to drop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- These cookies DO not spread at all while they’re baking so you’re going to have to gently flatten the dough with your palm or the bottom of a small glass.
- Bake for about 11-13 minutes at 350 F or until slightly golden. Sprinkle with some flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
More low carb recipes you might like:
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 2/3 cup golden monk fruit sweetener I have not tried this recipe with SWERVE or STEVIA so can't speak to the results if you use those
- 1 cup super fine blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 oz unsweetened dark chocolate coarsely chopped
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, beat egg then whisk in melted and cooled coconut oil, monk fruit sweetener and vanilla extract.
Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthum gum, baking soda and cinna,on until combined.
Fold in chopped chocolate.
Use a small cookie scoop to drop dough onto ungreased baking sheet.
The cookies do NOT spread much so gently flatten the dough with your hand or the bottom of a small glass.
Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling.