Keto Frittata with asparagus, broccoli, ham, bell peppers, cheddar and goat cheese is the perfect easy breakfast, brunch or dinner.
Eggs. It’s what we have for breakfast, lunch and dinner lots at our house.
You can’t beat how easy they are to make and they are super simple to customize with any leftover vegetables and protein you have in your fridge.
This keto frittata is loaded with protein and spring vegetables. We’ve got asparagus, broccoli, red bell peppers and they all go so well with goat cheese and cheddar.
Keto frittata is great because you can make this ahead the night before when you have overnight guests for Mother’s Day, Easter or any weekend brunch.
HOW TO MAKE KETO FRITTATA:
- Start off by heating some oil or butter in your cast iron skillet or oven safe frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, asparagus, broccoli, bell peppers and ham. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with heavy cream and season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Stir half of the cheddar cheese.
- Spread the asparagus into an even layer. Pour egg mixture into the skillet over the asparagus and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese. Transfer the frittata into the oven until just set.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.
WHAT ELSE CAN I ADD TO THIS LOW CARB FRITTATA?
The great thing about frittatas is that they are perfect for using up leftover vegetables and protein from your fridge. Add some zucchini, kale or spinach to keep this frittata low carb.
Instead of ham, you can use prosciutto, sausage, cooked chicken or turkey instead.
Not a fan of goat cheese? Leave it out or use feta instead.
CAN I MAKE THIS EASY FRITTATA AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, frittatas are a delicious freezer-friendly meal. You can cut into wedges and wrap each individual piece in the freezer and reheat when ready to serve.
More breakfast recipes:
Keto Frittata is packed with asparagus, diced ham, bell peppers, cheddar and goat cheese and perfect for a spring breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1/4 onion , diced
- 1/2 pound asparagus , tough ends trimmed and cut into 2″ pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 pieces deli-ham (preferably nitrate free) , chopped (we like Applegate)
- Himalayan pink salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream OR coconut cream (can also sub with unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees with the rack in the middle position.
In a 10″ nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil or butter and add the onions, asparagus, broccoli and bell peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until just becoming tender. Stir in chopped ham. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with cream and season with additional salt and pepper. Stir in the garlic powder, ham and cheddar cheese. Pour the eggs into the same pan with the asparagus, and top with crumbled goat cheese.
Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the the frittata is just set, about 15-18 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve warm.