Keto Carrot Cake Pancakes have all the flavors you love about the classic cake. Made with coconut flour, almond milk, shredded coconut, grated carrots and chopped pecans. Perfect for any spring breakfast or Easter brunch.
It’s spring and carrot cake everything has been happening around here a lot lately.
These Keto Carrot Cake Pancakes are one of our favorite weekend breakfasts. They are grain free, low carb / keto-friendly and have all the flavors everyone loves about carrot cake. The best part though? They are simple to customize and you can make them in a blender or use a mixer.
HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE KETO CARROT CAKE PANCAKES?
- You start off by blending the eggs, cream cheese, almond milk, vanilla and sweetener in a blender.
- Once they are combined, add the coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Blend until smooth. If the batter is too thick, add more milk as needed.
- Stir in the shredded carrots, shredded coconut, nuts and raisins (if using)
- Heat your griddle with some butter, ghee or coconut oil
- Scoop batter and cook until bubbles form around the edges
- Flip and cook for a few more minutes, until golden brown
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream, more nuts and /or coconut chips, if desired
CAN I MAKE THESE KETO CARROT CAKE PANCAKES AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes. The great thing about pancakes is that you can make them ahead and heat them up during the week.
Just place the pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet, freeze for 30-40 minutes or until set. Remove pan from freezer and stack them in a resealable zip top bag.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract optional
- 2-3 drops liquid Stevia or other low carb sweetener of your choice
- 1 /2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cups coconut flour measured correctly spoon and level method
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped raisins optional
- coconut chips for serving optional
In a large bowl, beat eggs for about 1-2 minutes, until light and frothy. Whisk in butter, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla and sweeter until combined.
Stir in baking powder, baking soda followed by coconut flour, until just combined. Fold in carrots, nuts, coconut and raisins, if using. Allow to sit while you heat up the griddle so the batter can thicken up. If you prefer your batter thinner, add a little bit more cream until desired consistency.
Preheat a griddle or pan over medium low heat. Grease with coconut oil or butter. Once pan is hot, scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto preheated griddle. Press a few berries evenly on each pancake. Cook undisturbed until bubbles form around the edges (about 2-4 minutes depending on your stove and the batter). Using a spatula, gently flip pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining batter.
Serve with a dollop of coconut cream, shredded coconut or coconut chips and nuts, if desired.