These Keto Carrot Cake Pancakes have all the flavors you love about the classic cake. Made with coconut flour, almond milk, shredded coconut, grated carrots and chopped pecans. Perfect for any spring breakfast or Easter brunch.
It’s spring and carrot cake everything has been happening around here a lot lately.
These Keto Carrot Cake Pancakes are one of our favorite weekend breakfasts. They are grain free, low carb / keto-friendly and have all the flavors everyone loves about carrot cake. The best part though? They are simple to customize and you can make them in a blender or use a mixer.
Ingredients for Low Carb Carrot Cake Pancakes
For this low carb carrot cake pancake recipe, you are going to need:
- monk fruit sweetener
- super-fine blanched almond flour
- coconut flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- ground cinnamon
- baking powder
- fine sea salt
- almond milk
- apple cider vinegar
- Grated carrots
- Raisins, optional
HOW TO MAKE KETO CARROT CAKE PANCAKES
- Start off by whisking together eggs, almond milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the monkfruit sweetener (you can also use erythritol OR Swerve if you prefer), almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and stir until combined.
- Fold in carrots, nuts, coconut and raisins if using.
- If the batter appears too thick, add a splash of almond milk. If too thin, add a bit more flour. Allow the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat griddle or a large skillet on medium to medium-low heat.
Drop 1/4 cup sized batter rounds onto the griddle. Cook until the edges begin to turn golden brown and bubbles form on the top, about 5-6 minutes. GENTLY flip and cook another 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with some low carb syrup, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, melted butter / ghee or coconut whipped cream, if desired.
CAN I MAKE THESE KETO CARROT CAKE PANCAKES AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes. The great thing about pancakes is that you can make them ahead and heat them up during the week.
Just place the pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet, freeze for 30-40 minutes or until set. Remove pan from freezer and stack them in a resealable zip top bag.
Keto Carrot Cake Pancakes
These Keto Carrot Cake Pancakes are perfect for any spring breakfast or Easter brunch. They’re low carb / keto-friendly and have all the classic flavors you love about the popular cake.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated monkfruit sweetener can also use erythritol OR SWERVE (if not paleo)
- 3/4 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped raisins , optional
- coconut chips for serving , optional
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract until smooth.
Add the monkfruit sweetener, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix until smooth and just combined.
Fold in carrots, nuts, coconut, and raisins, if using. Allow to sit while you heat up the griddle so the batter can thicken up.
Preheat a griddle or pan over medium-low heat. Grease with coconut oil or butter. Once the pan is hot, scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto preheated griddle. Cook undisturbed until bubbles form around the edges (about 2-4 minutes depending on your stove and the batter). Using a spatula, gently flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining batter.
Serve with a dollop of coconut cream, shredded coconut or coconut chips and nuts, if desired.