Low Carb Ham and Cheddar Cheese Egg Cups – a quick and easy grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. Simple to customize, keto friendly and full of protein.
These Low Carb Ham and Cheddar Egg Cups come together quickly for on the go breakfasts. We love making egg muffins since they are like your own personal-size frittatas and are perfect to keep on hand in your fridge or freezer throughout the week.
Just whip up a batch on your meal prep day, and then wrap them up and keep them in the fridge or freezer.
And the best part is, they are full of protein and super easy to customize with any toppings or add-ins you like.
To switch things up – simply swap out the ham with bacon or rotisserie chicken instead.
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB HAM AND CHEDDAR EGG CUPS:
Chop up your favorite combo of veggies and proteins and mix until combined.
Divide evenly among muffin cups (about 1/2 – 2/3 cups full) and add chopped ham and shredded cheese.
I like lining my muffin tinwith these silicone linerssince they are guaranteed to pop out easily without sticking. If you don’t have silicone liners, be sure to grease the muffin tins with a non-stick cooking spray.
Pop these in the oven at 400 F and once cooled, you can store them in resealable bags or glass containers. Keep them in the fridge (or freezer) and every morning, heat one up in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Breakfast is ready to go!
With a batch of these tasty ham and cheese egg muffins, you’ve got a healthy breakfast when you’re on the run each morning.
SOME TIPS WHEN MAKING THESE BREAKFAST EGG MUFFIN CUPS
- Grease or line your muffin pan with silicone liners for easy removal
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 – 2/3 full
- Use your favorite combo of vegetables or protein – be sure to chop them up into bite-sized pieces
- Season with your favorite spices and herbs – not a fan of basil? Leave it out and use thyme or for an extra kick, cumin or Cayenne pepper instead.
Ham & Cheddar Egg Cups
Low Carb Ham and Cheddar Cheese Egg Cups - a quick and easy grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. Simple to customize, keto friendly and full of protein.
- 10 large eggs
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard or Dijon Mustard optional
- 2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked or deli ham
Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12 count muffin pan with silicone liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large 4 cup measuring cup or mixing bowl, crack in eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper.
Whisk in garlic powder and onion powder until combined. Stir in ham and cheddar cheese. Divide evenly into muffin cups filling each about 2/3 full.
Top with more ham and cheese if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set.