Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken – the perfect easy meal for busy weeknights. Best of all, made with tender and juicy chicken, asparagus and broccoli coated in a flavor packed sauce.
Sheet pan meals are the ones I turn to a lot during busy weeknights! They are super easy to customize and you have that convenience of throwing a complete dinner all on one pan.
The best part though? Clean up is a breeze and work great for Sunday meal prep for work or school lunchboxes.
This Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken and Vegetables is bursting with bright flavors and perfect for spring. I only had chicken tenders on hand but this recipe works great with chicken thighs. Just be sure to adjust the cooking times.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SHEET PAN LEMON GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN?
- Start off by seasoning the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and drizzle some onto the chicken.
- Once the chicken bakes for 5 (increase to 20 minutes for chicken thighs), remove the sheet pan and line the sides with asparagus and broccoli. Return pan to the oven until the chicken is cooked through. Adding the veggies after the chicken cooks ensures that they do not overcook and get mushy.
WHAT OTHER VEGETABLES CAN I USE FOR THIS SHEET PAN MEAL?
I used asparagus and broccoli here but you can use zucchini, green beans or cauliflower if you like.
More keto chicken recipes:
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Vegetables
- 8-10 chicken tenders or 6 chicken thighs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce OR coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter. melted
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro can leave out if you're not a fan of cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder leave out if sensitive to spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
For the vegetables
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 lb bunch of asparagus trimmed
For meal prepping
- Side of your choice: cauliflower rice or zoodles
- 4-5 lunch containers
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a large sturdy baking sheet with cooking spray or for easier clean-up, line with parchment paper or heavy duty foil.
Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, butter and cilantro together. Drizzle 1/3 of the sauce over the chicken.
Bake for 5 minutes (20 for chicken thighs). Meanwhile, combine the seasonings in a small bowl and set aside.
After 5 minutes, remove baking pan from the oven, flip the chicken and place the asparagus and broccoli along the sides of the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken and vegetables with seasonings and drizzle sauce over the vegetables and some more on the chicken (reserve 1 teaspoon for the end).
Return the oven back to the pan and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or once the chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165ºF. (You may want to remove the vegetables first (so they don't overcook) if the chicken is not cooked through yet, depending on your level of preference.)
Drizzle the chicken with additional sauce and turn the oven to broil for -2 minutes, until the chicken has a nice brown color (watch closely so the chicken does not burn).
Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired and serve hot.